Friday, November 7, 2008

A Post-WOMEX Find

I've been going through the pile of CDs and DVDs given to me by various WOMEXicans. This one's so good it deserves its own post...

I stayed in an apartment building organized by Michael Orlove, head of the City of Chicago's Department of Cultural Affairs, and the guy behind the Chicago World Music Festival (and many other cultural festivals and programs held throughout the year there. BTW can we get a legitimate Department of Cultural Affairs here in Minneapolis, please?). I chose to share a room and was matched up with Bojan Djordjevic of Serbia. Bojan runs a festival in Belgrade called Ring Ring, and also manages The Boban Marković Orchestra (a great Balkan brass band). He's a really nice guy and proved to be a wonderful roommate (phew! You never know...).

Bojan gave me a CD with mp3's by a Serbian band called Vrelo. Oh, man!

Check them out:

No comments: