Friday, February 26, 2010

What my last.fm doesn't know

I have some secrets to share with you. You are familiar with last.fm? It does thing called "scrobbling." It keeps track of all the music you listen to on your computer or mp3 listening device. This is so that you can look at similar artists and find people with similar tastes in music. I am new to the site, so there may be more to it than that. But there are some things it doesn't know.

1) I have been listening to tapes in a very specific way. I have instated Out of Time mornings and Soul Tune Saturdays. These have been good decisions.

2) Paul Westerberg's Come Feel Me Tremble has been on repeat in my CD player.

3) Within the last 24 hours I got to hear live renditions of both Elliott Smith and Margot And The Nuclear So and So's in my living room.

4) By the end of this weekend I will have listened through to all of the artists playing at SXSW whose names begin with "R."

5) Somehow, after all this, at the coop yesterday this was the song stuck in my head.

No comments: