Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day!

I am very excited to tell you all that my favorite month of the year has arrived. To celebrate this wondrous occurrence, this weekend has lots in store for fans of music and the arts.

Tonight, Colin Hay will play to a packed house here at The Cedar. If you didn't manage to nab tickets to that one, I have quite the alternative for you.

Regulars to the Cedar Music Blog might recognize the name Nomo, as it graced my "best-of-2008" list, for both performances and for recordings. 

And Nomo is back in the Twin Cities, playing at The Whole Music Club in the basement of Coffman Union at the University of Minnesota. Opening, is local band Military Special featuring hot keyboard licks courtesy of Cedar House Manager Charlie Smith. 

Saturday night Military Special is back at it opening for Dance Band at The Cedar. More information about this show here.

While I am excited about all of these events, I am most excited for what happens on Sunday. I discovered on Wednesday night that not everyone in the Twin Cities knows about the annual May Day Parade put on by In The Heart of The Beast Puppet and Mask Theater. This is very upsetting. I hope all you readers know about the parade, but if not, please visit the links above and join in the festivities on Sunday. 




See you there.

No comments: