Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer in the City

Folks, I am pleased to tell you that my favorite summer event begins in just three days. Every year, as the complacency of everyday July starts to sink in, Summer Music & Movies comes along and gives me something to look forward to every week. (Well, besides looking forward to free music at The Cedar every Thursday night. But Cedar Outdoors is still new; I'm still getting used to having that to look forward too).

For anyone who has not yet attended Music & Movies, you are in for a treat. Twin Citians of all kinds walk, bike, and drive (not recommended due to the tricky parking situation) to Loring Park every Monday night, for a free concert and movie screening. This summer, all the films feature Paul Newman (see the above link for the full calendar listing of films and musical performers).

It also just so happens that the musical performances tend to be local favorites. While I have yet to be disappointed by any of the selected acts, I'm particularly excited to see Roma di Luna, Halloween, Alaska on the bill this year.

That's about all you're going to get out of me this week. I just realized that I have a picnic to plan, and I only have three days!

Pretty tempted to make this cake...and these sandwiches.

Would anyone like to join me?


No comments: