Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer Mix CD for the kids in the car

At the end of school this year I made a Summer music mix for my small kids. I want them to hear all types of music, and it's so fun to see what catches their attention.
It Must Be Summer - Fountains of Wayne
Drive My Car -Beatles
Drivin’ My Car - Ralph Covert
813 Mile Car Trip - They Might Be Giants
Highway Café of the Damned - Austin Lounge Lizards
Car Trouble - Music For Aardvarks (David Weinstone)
Car Hop - Los Straitjackets
Devil in My Car - B-52s
Our Car Club - The Astronauts (60s SURF BAND from Colorado!!!) *see below video
Rock Lobster - B-52s
Moonlight Drive -Doors
Driver 8 - REM
Cruel Summer - Bananarama
Summer Fun - The Barracudas
7 Days of the Week - They Might Be giants
The Elements - Tom Lehrer (let's throw in something educational!)
New England - Jonathan Richman
John Deere Tractor - Don Walser
Road Trip - Ellis Paul
Conjunction Junction - Schoolhouse Rocks
Mama Look a Boo Boo - Harry Belafonte
Senor el Gato - Kelly Hogan (from The Bottle Let Me down comp.)
Cheesecake Truck - King Missile
Don’t Wipe Your Face on your Shirt -Cornell Hurd Band (also from The Bottle…compilation)
You Are My Sunshine - Ellis Paul

If you are a parent and would like to try some music that will not rot your brain, I highly recommend the They Might Be Giant DVDs (ABCs and 123s), David Weinstone, and the new Ellis Paul Children's CD The Dragonfly Races, And the compilation The Bottle Let Me Down on Bloodshot Records.

No comments: