Friday, April 17, 2009

WWDBLT?

Some of you may have already seen this, but I didn’t want to risk it. David Byrne has decided to allow all his fans to see (or hear, rather) what he is listening to while on tour. 

On one quick scan of the playlist shows some Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Caetano Veloso, The Bird and the Bee, Fever Ray, Bon Iver (who joined Sarah Siskind on stage at The Cedar last weekend) and a couple of other artists that have been through The Cedar: St. Vincent and El Perro Del Mar. A few names I don’t recognize, and so far I have yet to hear anything I don’t like.

The idea itself is not so unusual; Other bands blog about what they listen to on the road, so maybe this doesn’t interest you. Personally, I am thoroughly enjoying it. Try it out for yourself here.

1 comment:

momo said...

thanks for the tip! I'm digging all the great music news I get from this blog--it's wonderful